Coming out of the cocoon
I moved out of my parents' house a couple of days ago. I now have mixed feelings about it. I am the most excited I have ever been to finally have my freedom, to finally do as I please without having an authority over me. Really, don't get me wrong, it feels just plain great. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
It all started when I got freakin sick of my parents and their stupid rules that would limit me to basically be able to do nothing that I wanted. I couldn't do it anymore. It was like watching all of my friends be able ride the merry-go-round and not be able to go on it myself. So now I fast forward to present day. I currently have no source of entertainment at my apartment, except of course my cell phone, which by the way I am also limited from because apparently I can't keep track of my minutes or keep my mouth shut. So I don't get to use it in the daytime anymore. Maybe it has something or other to do with my 400 dollar phone bill last month ... maybe. I have no computer there, I am currently typing from the RBR here on campus, and actually am wondering if all of the magnificent hard workers that are sitting around me notice that I am not working on homework at the moment. I am a bum. I shud go home and read. I will though, no worries. I just need to rant a bit and then I will be happy. Continuing on, I have no stereo and of course, no tv.
It's only the beginning here, so I think that I will learn to get used to living like this soon enough. But for now I miss my mom's cooking. I miss my little brother. And in a twisted way, I kind of miss all of the yelling in my house. It's very strange I know. You see, now I will go back to my apartment, my roomate will be gone, and again I will be left alone. Left alone to ponder the disasters of the world, left alone to think endlessly of my boyfriend, left alone to do whatever in the world I please. And isn't that what I wanted from the beginning? For my parents to just "leave me alone"? Oh well. I am happy here. But I think I can't have everything, and I have yet to understand that. I have such a long road to travel. I don't even really know how to cook even. So this is just a taste of my life at the moment.
This weekend is going to be exciting. I can sense it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home