Thursday, October 13, 2005

Piercing

Last Wednesday I got my nose pierced. Yea it wasn't something I had planned or even given too much thought to before I went to the tattoo parlor that night....

My boyfriend called me that night saying that his friend wanted them to hang out but that she wanted to go to PB to get her ear pierced. So then he asked if he could pick me up so that I could come with them. Then after getting lost seemingly a million times (taking us about one hour plus to get to PB...) we found a shop that was open late on a Weds night. She was quite the professional... my boyfriend's friend... I mean after geeting at least 10 piercings just on her ear, who wouldn't be? We arrived and she signed something basically saying that if she died the tattoo place wouldn't be held liable. ha. That must be fun, I wonder exactly how many people have died from infections form these places? Again something I didn't really think about at the time.

When she finished signing and payed the lady who herself had a nose piercing and a couple of tattoos, she told us to wait because there were people in front of us who wanted to get pierced as well. These people who walked in before us were babbling, mumbling, couldn't walk straight drunk. There were two girls and a guy. The girl that was the most drunk was definititely the one who looked the cheapest. Picture this... fake tan, too much mascara, too much make-up for that matter, skimpy little bright pink dress that barely covered her ass, and that basically showed her entire front as well, and to top it all off, some really high heels that I could have sworn would brake her ankles later that night. The other girl was your typical wannabe rockstar/tomboy from what I saw, and the guy just a typical pothead looking type. Watchin these guys wait was fun... even better was once they came out. The nasty girl kept bleeding from her Marylin Monroe she had just gotten which looked oh so pathetic on her. She came out screaming, "I am so drunk ... but I love my new piercing!" It kept bleeding all over her face... nasty. But I'm sure in her eyes she looked hot and was now absolutely ready to get laid by some stranger for the night.

After they finally left, it was now our turn, or at the time only my boyfriend's friend's turn to get her ear pierced. She was about to get an industrial on her ear and there she was without a worry in the world. On the way over she had been trying to convince one or both of us to get something pierced saying that it just wasn't fun doing it by herself. I completely didn't understand the concept of fun in a piercing period. Oh well. She then asked us again for the last time whether one of us was going to get something pierced or not. My boyfriend had been wanting to get some plugs to replace his earrings lately so I encouraged him to do what he wanted, if he wanted to get those plugs, that was cool by me. He then asked if I wanted to get something pierced and my eyes glimmered with the idea although I seemed very hesitant to do so. I was hesitant mostly because of what my parents would say. Being an "ideal child" growing up for the most part, I would hate that my parents disapprove of something that I did. Oh heavens no. That would be wrong. After I got over the fear and just thought about what I wanted I figured out that I did want to do something like this... something that would show my independence, something a little rebellious but not too crazy.... and I figured that getting my nose pierced would be the perfect thing. So I told my boyfriend YES LETS DO THIS. As he took a miilion hours to pick out his plugs I could tell he was nervous, but after all he had given me the idea for this and we were going to go through with it no matter what. It was too late to turn back now, we had already signed the "in case of death" papers and we were going to go all the way.

We walked into the tiny room with a flourescent light and so the ending wasn't quite as bad as I had expected. I learned that I'll do what I want. A little rebelleion never hurt anybody right? My parents didn't die and neither did I. I'm happy with my piercing now. I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home