Monday, May 07, 2007

Memories and New Endings

One of my friends once told me "You need to stop living in the past", although I didn't completely understand what she meant by this at the time, I think that I understand now. I'm in my element when I look through past pictures and I could spend hour after hour remembering funny, unforgettable, priceless moments that have shaped me throughout my lifetime. For example, tonight I logged on for the pure reason to update my blog which hasn't been updated for about a year? And what do I do before that... read every single one of my previous blogs, just for fun. It makes me think, what if every time I daydream about the past or get lost in pictures I'm wasting valuable time that I could spend making new memories? Have I forfeited that opportunity merely because I want to relive a past experience? Yes. But I think that the real question is... is it worth it.

Okay, let me get to the point. Today I was on chatting with some people of my past... past friends, past loves, past everything. Catching up with them was probably the highlight of my entire day, and I felt thankful for once in my life for having messenger and having the chance to talk to people no matter how far away they are, miles or in another case, oceans apart. It's funny how the feelings you had for people you haven't seen in a while are always there inside but never come out until you talk to them again. It's strange how you can almost swear by the way they talk to you, the warmth in their words, and their excitement that almost no time has passed at all. But it's a lie, time passes and the present is ever changing by the second. If you think about it, the words and thoughts that I wrote EVEN in my previous paragraph of today are already forming part of my past. Mind boggling isn't it?

My last sentence has made me remember this quote and made me laugh thinking about it so I think it deserves a spot as Quote of the Day...

It comes for Blades of Glory with Will Ferrell and Jon Heder (guy from Napoleon Dynamite)

Chazz: Mind-bottling isn't it?
Jimmy: Did you just say mind-bottling?
Chazz: Yeh, mind-bottling. You know, when things are so crazy it gets your thoughts all trapped, like in a bottle?

Emotions never die. They are what keeps us living and they are something that will never have a price but will always be worth more than money could buy. If someone has the ability to make you feel an emotion which stays with you throughout your life, you have found yourself a friend.

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

Sometimes you just have to take a look at yourself and say "When in Rome..."

P.S.- Living is learning
P.S.S- Learning is Living

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home